There hasn’t been a whole lot going on in my world lately but we sure did have a fantastic weekend. We didn’t go anywhere or do anything wonderful, it was just one of those weekends where everything came together and there was hardly a whine or fight to be found.

We had planned to take the boys and dogs up to the mountains for the day but it was freezing here all weekend. Tuesday it was 91 degrees, Saturday was 62 and windy. Good thing I took out the winter clothes a few weeks ago because we were in full gear all weekend. Even the dog was wearing a sweater. This of course also meant we were trapped in the house but we had a great time. We did try to bundle up for the park but only lasted about twenty minutes.

Since my daycare was closed Monday it was a three day for me and usually by Monday afternoon I’m sooo ready to get back to work. Seriously, stay at home mom’s, how do you do it? I love my kids to pieces but a couple straight days and I need a break. I’m just not built that way. Maybe it’s because my job rocks and it’s my little haven of peace. I chill out in my office, listen to my music, occasionally do something work related, but mostly not. I can be ‘working’ for hours without having to say two words to anyone so I get plenty of me time.

In two weeks I will get a real break, a whole weekend without my little guys, just Jay and I. I’m not sure I'll remember how to have a conversation with him without one of us having to stop and talk to little people. Either we won’t be able to stop talking for a minute or we won’t know how to carry on a conversation anymore. We are going on a short backpacking trip to a canyon that Mr. Hiker has actually never been to. I wasn’t sure there was a place like that in the Southwest. It’s going to be cold but I won’t have to worry that the boys are getting cold, just myself since I’m pretty wimpy.

The last time Jay and I spent a day alone with each other was in January. He really is pretty amazing since we didn’t meet until seven months after I became Insta Mom. I was still very much trying to figure out my new world and he basically went from camping and traveling most weekends to spending weekends at my house without being able to have an uninterrupted adult conversation. I’m occasionally still surprised that he didn’t run in fear long ago. Poor guy is stuck now, hee hee.
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
3 Responses
  1. I am soo with ya! I could not be a SAHM either.. I go nuts on long weekends and Holidays~
    Enjoy you adult time.


  2. Shannie Says:

    Yeah, I drink a lot... That's how I stay sane and sah... Enjoy your adult time!!!! It's awesome. And everyone needs it. Enjoy the silence sister. ;-) (After a day or two, you'll be missing them so badly you won't know what to do!)


  3. doodlebelle Says:

    I feel ya too. Summers kill me. I'm fine during the school year, when I don't see them until 3:00. But summer's? I live for Rick getting home so I can have a break. Enjoy your you time!


Post a Comment