I met with the lawyer yesterday afternoon and it was quick and wonderful. We did the name change info for the new birth certificates (which I still have issues with but that is another story), I signed the petition for adoption that will be filed today, and I wrote the check. I'm quite happy to add the check will be reimbursed to me after the adoption is final. The County is a pain to deal with but they really do try to take care of foster/adopt families and make it as easy as possible to give these kids forever homes.

The best news of yesterday, the lawyer said in his experience that from this point it usually only takes a month to finalize! Woo Hoo!!! I'm still thinking in my mind that it won't be until the middle or end of April, but how fantastic will it be if we become a legal family a month sooner than that:-) I'm giddy with excitement!
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
2 Responses
  1. doodlebelle Says:

    WOW! This is SO exciting.


  2. That is great news! Hope it happens fast!


Post a Comment