I know I'm not supposed to take the time frame seriously but the adoption worker said today that 'If everything goes the way it is supposed to we could be final within two weeks.' Yee Ha and Yippee!!!
I needed to hear something today. For some reason the lack of movement on the adoption front has been really irritating me this morning. It is getting harder and harder for me to remember that the adoption people are underfunded and understaffed. Earlier today I realised that we were 41 days into the process that the adoption worker said would probably take no more than 45. Of course I've been telling myself that that was just a best guess and I was still planning for the end of April. What the head knows and what the heart feels are often very different.
So, even thought I am telling myself that it can, and probably will, take much longer than two weeks, I can't help but be excited and hopeful. We are so close to the end but this close each day feels like a week. I just want it done.
I needed to hear something today. For some reason the lack of movement on the adoption front has been really irritating me this morning. It is getting harder and harder for me to remember that the adoption people are underfunded and understaffed. Earlier today I realised that we were 41 days into the process that the adoption worker said would probably take no more than 45. Of course I've been telling myself that that was just a best guess and I was still planning for the end of April. What the head knows and what the heart feels are often very different.
So, even thought I am telling myself that it can, and probably will, take much longer than two weeks, I can't help but be excited and hopeful. We are so close to the end but this close each day feels like a week. I just want it done.
Labels:
Adoption



YAY! How awesome!!!! Great news, my friend. :-)