I know my job is not particularly hard, or even a little bit. And I know that when I am at work it's probably the calmest part of my day. However, woo hoo it's Friday!!

We are taking the boys on their first backpacking trip this weekend and we're all very excited. I'm sure there is going to be some rough patches since we won't have some of the amenities they are used to while camping. We are hiking to our campsite so we won't be close to the car with the ice chest, their blankets, marshmallows and other things they are used to. But, they are happy they get to use the camping stuff we bought them for Christmas and I don't care how heavy it is we are taking the portable DVD player. I love that thing!

I'm so excited to backpack with them even on a short trip. It brings us closer to taking the longer trips we talk so much about. We have so many places we are excited to camp and hike with them and the more they get out the quicker we will be able to get there with them. Plus, that means we will be able to get out more since we won't need to find babysitters for the weekend.

It will be very interesting to see how the hike in goes. Some days they really want to walk and walk, other days they want to stop and look at every rock. We are planning to take a few hours for the hour it would normally take us and just roll with whatever comes. I'm so looking forward to this.
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
1 Response
  1. Good luck, it sounds like they will have a great time!


Post a Comment