There are a few reasons I wanted to start a blog of my very own. The biggest one is because I don’t write in my journal nearly enough about the everyday funnies that go on with small children. I’m lucky enough to have a fantastic job and it allows me a lot of down time for my own personal amusement online. Playing online and reading other blogs is usually where I think ‘I should write that down, that funny thing that so and so did last night’.

It did not occur to me that my first ever entry into the blogging world would be to announce that I am officially, as of yesterday, a criminal. Just let it be known that I feel terribly guilty if I get home and realize the cashier gave me too much change. The last speeding ticket I had was over three years ago and when I see a police car in a parking lot I leave a little ‘thank you for doing your job’ note on the windshield.

So let me explain why I have been charged, and ugh, convicted of a misdemeanor. It all started a few weeks ago when my dog got out of the back yard. That is actually where it ends as well. My dog got out, I’m a criminal. There was a $70 fine to get her out of doggie jail and I got a ticket for a ‘dog running at large’ with an attached court date. The additional fine yesterday was $280. And the misdemeanor. That is how my morning went.

Then I went to get my fingerprints done for my adoption application. (Yeah adoption application! It's about friggin time.) Thankfully the paperwork only asks if you’ve ever been convicted of a felony. Being new to the criminal scene I wasn’t sure if I would have to tell them of my crimes. The lady was very nice, until she told me that I have wrinkles in my fingers and should use more hand cream. Thanks for the advice lady. Hey, as a reward I would like to offer you a dog, she is very loving, listens well, and will never leave your side. That is how my afternoon went.

Later we went to watch a little league game. My boys love sports, LOVE them. They were absolutely glued to the game and very excited to see baseball in real life. As we were about to leave my youngest (he's two) decided to jump from the concrete bench to the concrete ground. He will climb up and jump from anything he can. Only he’s not very coordinated. His foot caught on the lip around the bench and he landed right on his forehead with a nauseating thump. Thankfully he is fine but I bet he had a headache. He also has the ugliest and biggest goose egg I have ever seen on half his forehead. It’s awful. My stomach clenches every time I look at it. That is how my evening went. Oh, and this morning, he walked into a door. Nice.

Not exactly the post of fun that I was hoping to start with but it is what it is.
Kristine
edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment