I understand that you seem to have some sort of aversion to calling my son by his name but I'd like you to get over that now. He has been attending this daycare for almost two years and I've mentioned his name on more than one occasion, I'm sure you've heard me. I understand that it's a nickname and not his legal name however; it is the name he knows and has been called since birth.

This is why he ignores you or tells you that is not his name. He is not being defiant or rude, he is simply correcting you. I'm not interested in hearing what you have to say about my childs behavior when you can't get his name straight. How about stop ignoring us and listen to the words I am telling you. Again.

As for his last name, seriously, get it right. Now you're just making things up, it's not even his name. It's not his current legal name nor is it the name he will have after adoption.
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
4 Responses
  1. doodlebelle Says:

    I had a very similar problem at daycare. (last name we use not being the legal last name) Fortunately once they get to elem. school, we haven't had a single issue. Some daycare people are just stuck-up, and refuse to take people's actual lives and situations into account.


  2. Shannie Says:

    Grrrr... That would make me so frustrated! You're the MOM. You should know...


  3. Kristine Says:

    I spoke with his teacher about it, who rocks in a huge way, and she went right away and took care of the and she made sure that she knows what his last name will be. I should have gone to her first instead of the director. We love her.


  4. I would be pissed too, and probably just come APART!!!!


Post a Comment