Angry Mommy is a wonderful addition to our little family and I think she rocks. Buddy tells me quite often that he doesn’t like Angry Mommy, but she works miracles some days and I plan to keep her as long as possible. You see, I have split personalities. Happy Mommy is my usual but once in a while Angry Mommy has to do some talkin. And when she talks, little boys listen.

It’s great because it’s like Angry Mommy is a whole separate person from me and she is the one who yells when they keep doing whatever I’ve asked them not to. They don’t get angry with me but they tell me they don’t like Angry Mommy. So I can ask them, ‘Do you want to listen or do you need Angry Mommy to tell you?’ or ‘Do you want Happy Mommy or do you want Angry Mommy?’ Of course they pick Happy Mommy and I can tell them how glad I am because I don’t like Angry Mommy either.

Most of the time they do what I asked and we are all in a better mood because I don’t feel I have to yell to be heard. Yelling gets the job done but not in a productive way. They get upset because they got yelled at, I get upset because I didn’t find a better way, and the mood is changed for the worse for a while. This way, they get to choose whether or not they get yelled at. It doesn’t work all the time but I will happily take the seven out of ten that it does.
Kristine
edit post
1 Response
  1. doodlebelle Says:

    That is awesome! I too have multiple personalities, but unfortunately cannot control them. They usually involve not enough coffee or a very messy house. Hhhmmm maybe I should name them too, like not-enough-caffeine-mommy and you-have-2-seconds-to-clean-this-crap-up-mommy


Post a Comment