So, you might remember awhile ago kittens came into our happy little home. They are very cute, cuddly, and the whole nine yards. However, my life is plenty full without the addition of three kittens so the closer we’ve come to adoption time (for the cats) the more ready I am to get them gone. Jay is a cat kind of guy and I’m a dog kind of girl. I’m not a fan of the cats but I have been making it more than clear that we will keep one if he wants to. He deals with my dogs and never complains, even when my smaller one gets to his side of the bed before he does. So, it’s only right that he should get to keep one of the cats that I brought home if he wants.

The man either cannot or will not make a decision and it’s driving me slowly crazy. We have had them since Halloween and today is the day that they go back to the shelter to go up for adoption. One would think a choice could be made by now. Last night I brought it up and tried to hammer out the plans but the end result was…I’m not really sure what the end result was except there is no decision.

The shelter is a three minute drive from my job but my house is a 40 minute drive from work. I had to drive home to get the cats because the shelter does not open until three hours after I get to work. I took my lunch break and drove home to pick them up. Before I did I called Jay to get his answer and he said he would call back. I sent a text when I got close to home. I called when I got there and the decision was, let’s keep the one he might want and take the others to be adopted. This way he gets another week to think about it. Sure, why not.

I take the two to the shelter and let them know we will either bring another cat next week or fill out adoption paperwork. In talking with the lady it turns out that they will not let us adopt one because we have a dog door and they will only adopt out cats if they will be indoor cats. After all this the decision was made for us, but I still have a cat to deal with.

Crap.
Kristine
edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment