Hello, it's me, the one who has been gone for so long. I am FINALLY done with The Big Project (for now) and feel like there is some breathing room for a bit. Yesterday all I did at work was catch up on blog reading and look for a backpacking trip for this weekend.
I haven't updated in so long that I'm not sure I remember all that there was. Christmas was of course wonderful. This is the first Christmas that I have spent in my own home and it was wonderful. My boys were nuts the entire day and it was a great time and something I will always remember. They were non stop from 7am until 10pm when they finally crashed. As tired as they were they did not whine or cry the entire day! I could not have asked for a more perfect day.
Of course the engangement part was part of the perfectness. He asked me in the morning before we (I mean, I) got up. The poor guy was up for probably and hour and had to resort to unloading the kids on the bed before I cracked an eyelid. I'm still on cloud nine and constantly play with my ring. He did a great job picking the ring and it fits my personality so well. It also almost fits my finger, just off by a tiny bit. This was quite a feat since I don't wear rings so it's not like he could take one and size it that way.
On the adoption front, which was supposed to be done before Christmas, there isn't much going on. I did finally talk to our adoption worker and he said he will be giving me a call sometime in the next two weeks to set up the home visit. Hopefully once that happens we can really get the ball rolling.
In other news, we are having amazing weather here this week and my mom has offered to take the boys this weekend so Jay and I get to finally have some time to ourselves. We are going to take full advantage of the weather and the great sales we've been hitting at the camping store and go backpacking this weekend. We leave tonight to drop the boys off and are heading to Death Valley National Park. We've been a couple times before and we have a great time. I'll post some pics when we return. We have new gear to test out and I'm particurally happy about my new pack since my other is about ten years old.
I haven't updated in so long that I'm not sure I remember all that there was. Christmas was of course wonderful. This is the first Christmas that I have spent in my own home and it was wonderful. My boys were nuts the entire day and it was a great time and something I will always remember. They were non stop from 7am until 10pm when they finally crashed. As tired as they were they did not whine or cry the entire day! I could not have asked for a more perfect day.
Of course the engangement part was part of the perfectness. He asked me in the morning before we (I mean, I) got up. The poor guy was up for probably and hour and had to resort to unloading the kids on the bed before I cracked an eyelid. I'm still on cloud nine and constantly play with my ring. He did a great job picking the ring and it fits my personality so well. It also almost fits my finger, just off by a tiny bit. This was quite a feat since I don't wear rings so it's not like he could take one and size it that way.
On the adoption front, which was supposed to be done before Christmas, there isn't much going on. I did finally talk to our adoption worker and he said he will be giving me a call sometime in the next two weeks to set up the home visit. Hopefully once that happens we can really get the ball rolling.
In other news, we are having amazing weather here this week and my mom has offered to take the boys this weekend so Jay and I get to finally have some time to ourselves. We are going to take full advantage of the weather and the great sales we've been hitting at the camping store and go backpacking this weekend. We leave tonight to drop the boys off and are heading to Death Valley National Park. We've been a couple times before and we have a great time. I'll post some pics when we return. We have new gear to test out and I'm particurally happy about my new pack since my other is about ten years old.



Post a Comment