It's time to upgrade my nice cameras for a nice digital. Not only for the obvious reasons but because it seems like the one hour photo people/equipment are getting progressively worse every time I go. It's not that often any more since I got my little pocket Cannon digital, but when I want good quality pics to possibly enlarge I revert to my Cannon SLR. So I'm really annoyed when I get the photos back and they did such a bad job on the developing I can't use them.
Here is what I mean:


And here is what it should look like:


These were taken on separate trips but with the same camera, lens, and film. I'd think maybe I had a bad roll of film but both rolls were bad but in completely different ways. Check out how bad this one is:

The color is at least right but it's amazingly grainy. (Same roll of film as the funny colored ones)
This isn't the first time this has happened lately and I've used two different places so far. The shots I had developed a few months ago were developed correctly (the negatives were fine) but the prints on CD had white flecs and streaks all over them. There was lint and hair in the machine when they printed.
Just so we are clear that this isn't operator error (well at least on my part) here are a couple that I've taken with the same set up:

Okay, there is one photo as I can't seem to post anymore. But you get the idea. My birthday isn't until June but maybe if I start throwing the hints around now about that new digital SLR I was looking at...
Here is what I mean:


And here is what it should look like:
These were taken on separate trips but with the same camera, lens, and film. I'd think maybe I had a bad roll of film but both rolls were bad but in completely different ways. Check out how bad this one is:

The color is at least right but it's amazingly grainy. (Same roll of film as the funny colored ones)
This isn't the first time this has happened lately and I've used two different places so far. The shots I had developed a few months ago were developed correctly (the negatives were fine) but the prints on CD had white flecs and streaks all over them. There was lint and hair in the machine when they printed.
Just so we are clear that this isn't operator error (well at least on my part) here are a couple that I've taken with the same set up:
Okay, there is one photo as I can't seem to post anymore. But you get the idea. My birthday isn't until June but maybe if I start throwing the hints around now about that new digital SLR I was looking at...
Labels:
photos



Still amazing pics. Looks like you have been to some cool places. I love my DSLR...I can't imagine life without it.