Seriously, no sarcasm at all. It's not so much my actual job, which I enjoy, but the place I work and people I work for. I feel incredibly lucky most everyday that I come to work and yesterday was just another reason. I'll explain, but first a few other little perks. They buy my Chai and make sure I am never out. There are speakers in my office and I can play whatever music I want. 99% of my family tree research I do is done at work. They encourage me to walk at lunch and use my stability ball instead of a chair. There are special lights in my office to reduce the glare on the computer screen. And a dozen other things I could list.

I'm really not trying to gloat or show off, I'm just feeling incredibly lucky to have found this place. These guys, by the way, probably aren't anything like you might think. They are quad riding, gun toting, bird shootin, card carrying rednecks. They buy each other shotguns for Christmas and go to lunch at the sporting goods store. Not my usual circle of friends but they are wonderful.

As for what happened yesterday I'll go back to a couple months ago. I left work a little early so I could drop something off for them on my way home. On the way my tire blew out and a piece of the tire came off and took a large piece of moulding off my car. The tire was bad, I didn't have the boys in the car, and I have AAA. If it was going to happen anyway this was a great way and good timing. I bought new tires and didn't think to much about it.

Last week one of the guys noticed the part missing from my car and I told him what happened. Yesterday they told me to get an estimate for my car, they want to pay for the part to be replaced since I was doing an errand for work. Remember where I said the errand was on my way home and I left work early to do it. Also, since I was doing the errand I hadn't picked up the boys yet so I didn't have them when the tire blew. And by the time the tire was changed I wasn't even late picking up the boys since I had left early. This was a win win situation as far as I was concerned.

I have no intention of getting the estimate and I told them that, but in the end I relented just to get him out of my office. This is a small company, three owners, me, the receptionist and about 15 guys in the field. We have been affected by the economic issues the same as everyone and these guys are digging into their savings accounts to make sure they make payroll. Even with that they still want to take care of my car. I won't let them, but it sure makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.



Edit to add: One of the guys just brought the receptionist and I each a box of chocolates and said 'Thank you for all that you do here.' Seriously, I love it here.
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
3 Responses
  1. that is awesome! you really are blessed, I work in the same kind of office, and have been there for 8 years!


  2. Shannie Says:

    Wow. That is hard to find... You are so lucky to have found such caring people to work for!!! The Mister tries to have the same feel in his office. I think it's very important to take care of the people that work for you... To make sure they are happy and well taken care of. YAY! Good for you!


  3. Kristine Says:

    It makes such an amazing difference in my world and I'm incredibly thankful.


Post a Comment