There is something pathetic going on at my house right now courtesy of the power company. Yesterday my lights started flickering and doing crazy stuff and my speakers would randomly turn on. Just so you know, at 2am when you turn speakers off and they continue to make noise, it doesn't matter whether you believe or not, you will think there is a crazy ass ghost in your house and freak out just a little. Or maybe a lot.
Anyway, I have a major fear of my house burning down and I hate most anything to do with electrical problems because they tend to start fires. Good thing I work for electricians huh. So, I made a plan to turn the breakers off in the morning until one of the guys I work with could come see what the problem was. This morning I didn't need to turn breakers off because only half of my house had power. Unfortunately not the half that controls the heater, brrrr.
I called the power company from work this morning and headed over with someone I work with. Thankfully it turns out the problem is not mine to fix. As we were leaving, someone from the power company showed up and explained how he was going to temporarily fix it. He is going to have a cable running from the power box on the street to my electrical panel. It is going to lay across a few driveways to get to my house and will be just sort of sticking out of the panel where the breakers are. Not covered, just hanging out there. I'm not sure how this is safe and the guys at work have asked me to take pictures because they don't believe me. That worries me a bit. Apparently this is going to be like this for a week or two. Does that seem right to anyone else? I can't see how this is possibly a good idea. I'll post pictures and we'll see.
Of course the adoption worker is coming to the house tomorrow to do our home inspection. Nice timing. This should look good. I called him already and I'm happy to say he has a sense of humor and isn't worried about it.
Anyway, I have a major fear of my house burning down and I hate most anything to do with electrical problems because they tend to start fires. Good thing I work for electricians huh. So, I made a plan to turn the breakers off in the morning until one of the guys I work with could come see what the problem was. This morning I didn't need to turn breakers off because only half of my house had power. Unfortunately not the half that controls the heater, brrrr.
I called the power company from work this morning and headed over with someone I work with. Thankfully it turns out the problem is not mine to fix. As we were leaving, someone from the power company showed up and explained how he was going to temporarily fix it. He is going to have a cable running from the power box on the street to my electrical panel. It is going to lay across a few driveways to get to my house and will be just sort of sticking out of the panel where the breakers are. Not covered, just hanging out there. I'm not sure how this is safe and the guys at work have asked me to take pictures because they don't believe me. That worries me a bit. Apparently this is going to be like this for a week or two. Does that seem right to anyone else? I can't see how this is possibly a good idea. I'll post pictures and we'll see.
Of course the adoption worker is coming to the house tomorrow to do our home inspection. Nice timing. This should look good. I called him already and I'm happy to say he has a sense of humor and isn't worried about it.
Labels:
Adoption,
kitchen sink



Post a Comment