This morning I got one of those conspiracy emails. The type that tells you all about some major injustice in the world that no one else seems to know about. But it is my job to inform everyone I know so we can all read about it and be angry. I can’t stand these type of emails they drive me crazy. 99% of them are crap and only factual in that they mention a few key words.
They seemed designed to get people riled up and upset. There is no real course of action to change whatever the email is scarring us about, it just asks that you pass it along to everyone. What is the goal here except to incite fear and anger in people? Who can be so hateful as to start crap like that? I don’t understand that kind of person and it infuriates me.
There were many factual errors in this particular email but I won’t bore you with them. It took me about three minutes and Google to find holes all over this story. And yet, people pass these things along without ever checking them out. They just spread the anger. Why? What are the originators trying to accomplish?
I don’t often get these emails anymore because most people don’t care for my response. Someone will send it to me, along with everyone else in their address book. They will be all in a huff about the injustice. I like to take a few minutes, find the real facts and hit ‘Reply to All.’
So, lets break the chain of hate, anger, and frustration at things that are not real. Take five minutes to fact check before hitting forward. Please.
Okay, off my soap box now.
They seemed designed to get people riled up and upset. There is no real course of action to change whatever the email is scarring us about, it just asks that you pass it along to everyone. What is the goal here except to incite fear and anger in people? Who can be so hateful as to start crap like that? I don’t understand that kind of person and it infuriates me.
There were many factual errors in this particular email but I won’t bore you with them. It took me about three minutes and Google to find holes all over this story. And yet, people pass these things along without ever checking them out. They just spread the anger. Why? What are the originators trying to accomplish?
I don’t often get these emails anymore because most people don’t care for my response. Someone will send it to me, along with everyone else in their address book. They will be all in a huff about the injustice. I like to take a few minutes, find the real facts and hit ‘Reply to All.’
So, lets break the chain of hate, anger, and frustration at things that are not real. Take five minutes to fact check before hitting forward. Please.
Okay, off my soap box now.
Labels:
frustrations



Post a Comment