It looks like my last post didn't read the way it sounded in my head. I read it again and think I understand why now. There is so much back story here and I only highlighted the down side. I'd be willing to bet money that because John and Julie weren't able to make this trip, something amazing will happen for them. That seems to be how their lives work.

John was engaged to the wrong woman before his store was robbed. She wanted children and wasn’t able to handle him being in a wheelchair. I can’t imagine how hard that time in his life must have been. What I do know is that he later met Julie, the love of his life. They’ve been married for years and you can see how much they are in love by the way they look at each other.

Because he wasn’t comfortably able to keep his store he took the leap for a massive career change. He now works for the center where he received his rehabilitation after the shooting. John was always meant to have this job. He is extremely passionate about it. Being hospitalized last year allowed his job to evolve into something even better still. He was able to work from his hospital room and continued to raise money for a new wing for the rehabilitation center.

John and Julie will be the first to tell you how happy and fortunate they are. They aren’t giving up on the chance to spend Christmas in Rome. They were already working on it for next year while waiting at the airport. Of course they are upset about not going now, but they can also laugh at the situation. They have a pool going on for when their luggage will be back from Rome, before or after Christmas.

They won’t be skipping their much deserved vacation either. John and Julie are Maui bound next month.
Labels: ,
Kristine
edit post
2 Responses
  1. Susan Says:

    Wow! What a sunshiney story. Two very positive people loving life together! Good things will continue to come their way.


  2. Beth Says:

    I love when people who are supposed to be together find each other. I hope they have a fantastic vacation in Maui. You sound like a great friend to them.


Post a Comment