Jay is home today enjoying a quiet house with no boys for the whole day. Sure he is sick, but whatever. I’m jealous.
********
I’m anxiously waiting to hear if we will be getting permits to hike Mt Whitney. My boss also put in for a permit and found out yesterday they didn’t get it. I’ll be checking my mailbox with excitement everyday until it comes.
********
The census form was a giant disappointment for me and I’m still a little sad. Because of all the time I spend on my family tree I’ve seen hundreds of census forms and love to look at them. There is so much information to be found, birthdates, family relationships, marriage dates, occupations, health info, military records. The census is such a wonderful record into the past and a wealth of information. I was really excited about getting the form and looking forward to filling it out. Thinking about someone seeing the record 70 years from now and what they might learn.
Then it arrived and it sucked. Name, age, and race. Next family member. Ugh, what a let down and waste of a valuable recording tool. Yes, the census is to see where government funds need to go and how many representatives each state gets. But I like history and this form will be recorded and be history and there is so little information on it.
Oh, and I was also super excited that the 1940 census would be released this year. There is a ton of info I’m looking forward to seeing on that one. Turns out they get released every 72 years, not 70. Dang it.
********
I’ve been consistently following the C25K program and will be halfway done next week and set to finish by the end of April. Along with that I’ve been tracking my food, drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, and getting plenty of rest for almost two solid months. I feel fantastic. My energy level is way up and I feel awake during the day. Dinner seems to get on the table so much easier and I’m spending much better quality time with my boys.
Of course the other benefits, I’ve lost a little over 5 pounds and an inch around my middle. I can feel how much stronger my legs already are and I look so forward to my workouts. I’m planning on registering for the Las Vegas Rock and Roll half marathon in December. My goal is to finish of course but its way too early for me to set a realistic time goal. I can’t run a mile yet without walking but I have a training plan in place to get me to the 13.1. My other goal is to shed 10 more pounds by the middle of August. That is 15 pounds less I’ll have to haul up the side of Mt Whitney.
**********
A conversation in the car this morning:
Buddy: Finger starts with ‘F’.
Sport: And fish
Buddy: And frog
Me: And face
Sport: And f*ck
Me: Crap
********
I’m anxiously waiting to hear if we will be getting permits to hike Mt Whitney. My boss also put in for a permit and found out yesterday they didn’t get it. I’ll be checking my mailbox with excitement everyday until it comes.
********
The census form was a giant disappointment for me and I’m still a little sad. Because of all the time I spend on my family tree I’ve seen hundreds of census forms and love to look at them. There is so much information to be found, birthdates, family relationships, marriage dates, occupations, health info, military records. The census is such a wonderful record into the past and a wealth of information. I was really excited about getting the form and looking forward to filling it out. Thinking about someone seeing the record 70 years from now and what they might learn.
Then it arrived and it sucked. Name, age, and race. Next family member. Ugh, what a let down and waste of a valuable recording tool. Yes, the census is to see where government funds need to go and how many representatives each state gets. But I like history and this form will be recorded and be history and there is so little information on it.
Oh, and I was also super excited that the 1940 census would be released this year. There is a ton of info I’m looking forward to seeing on that one. Turns out they get released every 72 years, not 70. Dang it.
********
I’ve been consistently following the C25K program and will be halfway done next week and set to finish by the end of April. Along with that I’ve been tracking my food, drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, and getting plenty of rest for almost two solid months. I feel fantastic. My energy level is way up and I feel awake during the day. Dinner seems to get on the table so much easier and I’m spending much better quality time with my boys.
Of course the other benefits, I’ve lost a little over 5 pounds and an inch around my middle. I can feel how much stronger my legs already are and I look so forward to my workouts. I’m planning on registering for the Las Vegas Rock and Roll half marathon in December. My goal is to finish of course but its way too early for me to set a realistic time goal. I can’t run a mile yet without walking but I have a training plan in place to get me to the 13.1. My other goal is to shed 10 more pounds by the middle of August. That is 15 pounds less I’ll have to haul up the side of Mt Whitney.
**********
A conversation in the car this morning:
Buddy: Finger starts with ‘F’.
Sport: And fish
Buddy: And frog
Me: And face
Sport: And f*ck
Me: Crap
Labels:
kitchen sink



Post a Comment