Like everyone else, the last two months have flown by for me. I didn’t feel like blogging any of it, so I didn’t. That was a welcome relief. The blog started taking up more of my time than I wanted and was becoming a thing of stress rather than stress relief. I was too hung up on my writing and what I had to say. Did I edit enough? Do I post enough? Is this funny, deep, thought provoking enough? I got myself into a downward spiral of ‘is this enough?’

I decided to cut myself off, relax, and only post when I felt like it. Whether that be a week or a year later. Two months was apparently what I needed and I feel ready to jump back in again.

So, what’s been going on the last couple months?

Buddy turned 5, Jay turned 39, and then Sport turned 4. I’m the lone birthday way out in June.

Sport and Buddy had their check up’s last month and my 4 year old weighs 46 pounds. Buddy weighs 42 pounds. He's also half an inch shorter and not happy about it. We like to remind him ‘sometimes it’s better to be bigger and sometimes it’s better to be older.’ Thank you random lady on the trail last summer for that little nugget of brilliance.

The weather has finally been cooperating with us lately and we’ve taken the boys on a couple day hikes to get ready for camping trips. We hope to take the first camping trip in Death Valley next month. There has been so much rain this year the wild flowers should be amazing.



Is there anything more fun to a boy than jumping off things? Not to mine.



I’m anxiously awaiting to hear if we will be able to climb Mt Whitney this year.



We mailed in the permit application in February but won’t find out until April. Last year I wanted to go but I was okay with it when we didn’t get the permit (it’s done by lottery). This year I will be bummed. I’m so geared up for going and have already been working hard.

I’ve been taking excellent care of myself for the last month and I’m really happy with the results. The plan is to get rid of 10-15 pounds before climbing Whitney in August (hopefully). As of Friday I’m down 5 of those pounds. Whatever weight I shed is weight I don’t have to haul up the mountain. For the last 32 days I’ve faithfully tracked my intake of food at sparkpeople.com. Love that site. I’ve also started the C25K program again and just finished week 2 last night. The Rock and Roll ½ Marathon in Las Vegas is December 4th and I intend to run it.

My other two goals for the month have been drinking enough water and getting more sleep. I drink at least 64 ounces a day during the week but I still have some work to do on weekends. Between that and getting more sleep I feel such a difference. It’s easier to wake up in the morning and I have much more energy and patience throughout the day. Because all these changes feel so good it’s easier everyday to keep doing them.

All in all, I’m happy, healthy, and loving the plans we are making for the coming year.

Oh, and on a completely separate note, I'm ridiculously excited about the new Clash of the Titans movie.
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
1 Response
  1. cristin Says:

    Wow. Can't imagie having the stones to climb that thing! Hope you get to do it!

    Yay on the healthy intake. My water consumption has much to be desired... if only wine counted...


Post a Comment