So now that I have seen her...she is so my brothers child. I have a picture of him when he was her age, almost nine months, and they could be twins. She has the exact same eyebrows as Sport. Her eyes are the same blue as the rest of the family except Sport and I.

The meeting was fairly uneventful, the kids all played and the adoptive mom and I talked about her kids and mine and how we had them come into our lives. She was very open to keeping in contact to ensure that the kids would know each other as they get older. I keep forgetting that Pixie is my niece as well. It's hard to see a child as related to you when the first time you see her she is surrounded by her own family, not yours.

I'm feeling oddly detached from the whole thing. Partly I think because there was such a short amount of time from finding out about Pixie to seeing her. With Tiger I have known since before he was born and I've had over a year to think about him and his little world. Pixie is still all brand new to me. She is almost nine months old and I have only known about her for about two months but only today really knew she was my niece. I think I'm also pretty relaxed after having met her adoptive mom, she seems like a good person and I know we will get to know each other and the kids will as well. The future seems bright so they say.
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment