My boyfriend…hmmm, he needs a nickname. I have a few already but I’m pretty sure he would rather not be referred to as ‘baby’ and ‘cutie’ to the internet world. Jay will work. So, Jay and I took the boys camping in Zion National Park over the weekend. They love camping and get so excited when we tell them we are going. Especially when we go to Zion. No, not because we see deer in the campsite, walk in the river, or hike to waterfalls. They get excited because we get to ride the shuttle bus. It is very much the highlight of the trip and this trip Sport made sure to tell everyone he could that we were going to ride it. People walking by, some poor guy on his way to his campsite, anyone else on the bus with us. One guy apparently didn’t hear him and I heard my little angel yell, ‘Hey, I’m talking to you.’ Nice one.

These are my guys checking out the river.
This first time we took the boys camping I was really nervous. Not sure what to expect or how to handle what would come. In the end it was fantastic and we go every chance we get now. The only rough patch was the first night when Sport figured out that we weren’t going home. It was getting dark and we were in the middle of nowhere and my poor little guy suddenly knew something wasn’t right. He was crying and kept saying ‘Get back in the car, get back in the car. We go home, go home now.’ It was all I could do not to pack up camp and take him home. But then Jay saved the day and got the camp fire started. Both boys were mesmerized by it and even happier when we taught them the joys of roasting marshmallows.
In adoptive/foster news, not much going on there as per usual. My foster license has to be renewed and that should be done this week I hope. I’ve had a bit of a hang up with the adoption paperwork and getting my physical finished. I was supposed to go for blood work but before I did I got horribly sick with I don’t know what. About twice a year I get a cold, nothing more than that. This knocked me down and made me mostly unable to move or comprehend for four days. The doctor gave me antibiotics and a heavy duty pain killer and that finally started to kill it. No idea what it was but man oh man am I happy it’s gone. And even happier that the boys didn’t get it. The only reason we all survived that week was because I had taken the boys with me to go visit Grandma about and hour from my house. When you’re sick there is no place to be like mom’s house, even when you’re thirty two. Mom’s rock!



Post a Comment