I didn’t know it was going to start this early but Buddy was struck dumb by a pretty girl at daycare yesterday. When he got into his class a girl from an older class came running up to him to give him a picture she had colored at home, just for him. Had his name on it and everything. He was grinning from ear to ear and kept looking at me then looking at her, but saying nothing. The little girl asked if he would be her friend and he wouldn’t say anything. He always has something to say, but he just smiled that big smile and looked from me to her.
‘Are you going to answer her?’ I asked.
Nothing.
‘Do you want to be her friend?’
Nothing but smiles.
‘Do you like your picture?’
Nothing. My son was dumbstruck.
They were playing together when I left so I guess at some point he found his words again.

Last night I was still thinking about Buddy and his apparent need for his father right now and I realized something. He is still in foster care for a few more months and therefore we have resources. I'm waiting for his caseworker to call me back to set up an appointment with a counselor. It may be nothing and it may be something but this way I will be better prepared and be able to handle this in a way that is best for him. I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier.
Kristine
edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment