Well, it finally happened. I'm happy we have gone so long without needing any stitches, the boys are pretty rough and tough. I'm also very surprised it took so long.
Buddy is now the proud wearer of two stitches on his ear. Yesterday, I got The Call from daycare. I hate getting The Call. If they are calling it's not good and I always get a little ball in the pit of my stomach wondering what it could be. Apparently Buddy and another boy were doing what boys do, rough housing, and Buddy got pushed (not in a mean way, just play fighting). He fell into the corner of a table that was just the right height to get him on the ear. Luckily his head was turned so his eye was safe. Anyway, I don't know how to describe it, probably some people won't want me to but he is missing a small little triangular piece of his ear now. If you were holding your ear lobe and moved your hand up, it's right where your ear starts to curl in on itself.
He is totally fine and was more proud than anything when I got there. I looked at it and was really torn between taking him in to maybe get stitched or leaving it be. In the end I figured better safe than sorry. They put in two stitches and after I saw the difference I was glad we went. He will probably have a tiny scar now but he won't have a little notch taken out of his ear. He won't look like a cat that has been in a fight.
He did great and only cried for a couple minutes when he got the numbing shot. Now he is very excited to tell everyone what happened what a great job he did. And when he is done Sport will tell the story again. He was most excited to get chocolate candy after the stitches. Boys will be boys right.
On another note, Buddy weighs 37 pounds and just turned four years old. Sport on the other hand will be three in two weeks and weighs 42 pounds! No wonder I can't put him in the shopping cart anymore. The boy is a tank.
Buddy is now the proud wearer of two stitches on his ear. Yesterday, I got The Call from daycare. I hate getting The Call. If they are calling it's not good and I always get a little ball in the pit of my stomach wondering what it could be. Apparently Buddy and another boy were doing what boys do, rough housing, and Buddy got pushed (not in a mean way, just play fighting). He fell into the corner of a table that was just the right height to get him on the ear. Luckily his head was turned so his eye was safe. Anyway, I don't know how to describe it, probably some people won't want me to but he is missing a small little triangular piece of his ear now. If you were holding your ear lobe and moved your hand up, it's right where your ear starts to curl in on itself.
He is totally fine and was more proud than anything when I got there. I looked at it and was really torn between taking him in to maybe get stitched or leaving it be. In the end I figured better safe than sorry. They put in two stitches and after I saw the difference I was glad we went. He will probably have a tiny scar now but he won't have a little notch taken out of his ear. He won't look like a cat that has been in a fight.
He did great and only cried for a couple minutes when he got the numbing shot. Now he is very excited to tell everyone what happened what a great job he did. And when he is done Sport will tell the story again. He was most excited to get chocolate candy after the stitches. Boys will be boys right.
On another note, Buddy weighs 37 pounds and just turned four years old. Sport on the other hand will be three in two weeks and weighs 42 pounds! No wonder I can't put him in the shopping cart anymore. The boy is a tank.
Labels:
The things they do



Post a Comment