It’s been pretty quiet in my head since Adoption Day. There was so much that occupied my brain for so long and to have all that suddenly go silent has been like a mini vacation. I feel relaxed, calm, and at peace. It is a wonderful thing but leaves me without anything to say really.

Since we no longer have to hide our engagement from the County, Jay and I have been moving stuff from his place and making real progress finally. Not sure if I ever mentioned it but Jay has been living with us for almost a year now but the majority of his stuff is still at his place down the street. That means we are still paying two mortgages and it sucks.

This last weekend we accomplished so much and it felt great to finally see the progress we are making at his place. If we have a few more weekends like that we will be able to get his place up for rent soon. Then I see our weekends, camping this weekend, then my sister’s wedding, then we go to Florida. So May is pretty much gone.

Speaking of finally making progress, there were guys in my yard this morning and a tractor ready to dig up my driveway. Normally I wouldn’t be excited about it but after waiting so long for our ghetto power to get fixed I was happy to see a jack hammer. Of course I’m at work, I bet the neighbors aren’t so happy.

Work is still pretty slow going so I have lots of time to read and have been checking out new blogs. Not many, because if I find one I like I need the back story so I have to read the whole thing from post number one. It’s a lovely way to spend a day. This week I discovered some very talented and creative women and Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick has been my fave. I am so going to do this to wrap a Christmas gift this year and would love to do this all over my house. And I have the perfect vase to do this to.

Can you tell how slow it’s been in my world lately? Although today I have a little bit of happy for me. I love, love, love the Mystic Chai they sell at Sam’s Club but they no longer carry it. Ugh. It’s been a month now and Starbucks is calling my name every morning. I’ve been very good about staying away most days but I need me some chai. Yesterday I decided it was time to get pro active. A few minutes with Google and I had contact info for the company and a recipe to make the mix myself. Last night I stopped by the store and bought everything I needed and spent a very giddy twenty minutes measuring and mixing.

It’s pretty good. Not quite the same but with a bit of tweaking I think it will be just right. I even bought the wrong kind of tea and it still turned out well enough to make me happy. Apparently instant tea and loose leaf tea are not the same. Who knew? Well, probably everyone but I don’t drink tea. The chai doesn’t count because it’s really just sugar and milk and a tea leaf. And yea, I know I’m a dork.
Labels: ,
Kristine
edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment