I wasn't really expecting it to be one. Figured that Jay and I would do something when he got home on Sunday but wasn't planning anything. And yet, my birthday was fantastic thanks to my best friend, some dude, and my peeps at work.
A while ago I complained about my lack of Chai. I found a recipe and was very excited but it didn't work out quite as well as I'd originally thought. So I've been pining away for the Chai but I wasn't quite to the point yet of ordering it online. Jay was probably getting close though.
Yesterday this was on my doorstep when I got home. Happy Birthday to me from my best friend! Mmmmm Chai. Six cans! That will last me till Christmas.

Last night I opened one of the cans and just smelled it. I think Jay might be jealous because my eyes actually rolled back in my head. Oh, I am a happy camper.
That's not all though. Finally someone came by to buy the couch that has been in my garage for way to long. I've had six or seven people come look at it but they all have said the same thing. 'Wow, that's a big couch.' Um, yea, that's why I mentioned it in the ad.
This guy didn't care though. He pushed money in my hand before he even really saw it. Just asked me to help load it in the trailer. Woo hoo. I can fit another car in the garage now. Yipee.
And finally, today I was sitting quietly in my office and minding my own business when I hear the boss' nine year old daughter start singing Happy Birthday. Then they all started and came in my office with a cake and candles and everything. Holy cow. It was a very good cake and my job rocks.
Wasn't planning anything special but with just a few things it turned out to be a wonderful birthday.
A while ago I complained about my lack of Chai. I found a recipe and was very excited but it didn't work out quite as well as I'd originally thought. So I've been pining away for the Chai but I wasn't quite to the point yet of ordering it online. Jay was probably getting close though.
Yesterday this was on my doorstep when I got home. Happy Birthday to me from my best friend! Mmmmm Chai. Six cans! That will last me till Christmas.

Last night I opened one of the cans and just smelled it. I think Jay might be jealous because my eyes actually rolled back in my head. Oh, I am a happy camper.
That's not all though. Finally someone came by to buy the couch that has been in my garage for way to long. I've had six or seven people come look at it but they all have said the same thing. 'Wow, that's a big couch.' Um, yea, that's why I mentioned it in the ad.
This guy didn't care though. He pushed money in my hand before he even really saw it. Just asked me to help load it in the trailer. Woo hoo. I can fit another car in the garage now. Yipee.
And finally, today I was sitting quietly in my office and minding my own business when I hear the boss' nine year old daughter start singing Happy Birthday. Then they all started and came in my office with a cake and candles and everything. Holy cow. It was a very good cake and my job rocks.
Wasn't planning anything special but with just a few things it turned out to be a wonderful birthday.
Labels:
kitchen sink



Happy Birthday!!!!