There are so many big things going on in my world right now that when I sit down to write about anything I feel a bit overwhelmed. I don't want to ignore my blog but I'm the kind of person that internalizes everything and tends to only spit out the final product. It's sometimes hard to me to talk about things in progress that I am thinking about.
So, here are some things that are mostly finished. Tiger being the most important one. Jay and I talked about it and we've both realized that our home is not the best one for him right now. Jay came to that conclusion in about 4 seconds and my head understands it. But my heart aches to be able to give him a home and love him like I do his brothers.
I'm not sure that will ever go away but something that helps in an amazing way, the boys' maternal Aunt and her family is going to take him. Relief.
And a lesson on how to feel inadequate. Their Aunt has Cerebral Palsy, is wheelchair bound, and does most of the things in her daily life with her feet. She has two wonderful boys already, 3 and 1 1/2. She can change diapers and bathe her children all without the use of her hands. She is adjusting her world to be able to take on one more child. One who is going to need extra care for at least a while.
Somehow we came to the conclusion that one more child right now would be to much for us. Wow.
Actually, I would have made it work. I don't know how but I didn't plan for the boys either and that worked out. If Jay had even given a hint that he was willing to do it, I would have found a way. I've loved that boy since the moment I knew about him. And I won't kid myself by pretending otherwise. I'll have to settle for being his aunt, and that's a whole lot better than nothing.
Today is Jay and my anniversary. We're both at work. Tomorrow is my birthday. I have to take Jay to the airport in the morning. That sucks.
Since I'm all full of doom and gloom here is something funny. Well it is to me at least. I can't get the picture out of my head and I crack up everytime. My poor best friend has a leak in her apartment bathroom, right above the toilet. Part of the ceiling has come down and it's a general mess. She only has the one restroom in her apartment so what does one do when the ceiling is coming down and you have business to attend to. Well, you grab your trusty umbrella and go for it. Hee Hee.
So, here are some things that are mostly finished. Tiger being the most important one. Jay and I talked about it and we've both realized that our home is not the best one for him right now. Jay came to that conclusion in about 4 seconds and my head understands it. But my heart aches to be able to give him a home and love him like I do his brothers.
I'm not sure that will ever go away but something that helps in an amazing way, the boys' maternal Aunt and her family is going to take him. Relief.
And a lesson on how to feel inadequate. Their Aunt has Cerebral Palsy, is wheelchair bound, and does most of the things in her daily life with her feet. She has two wonderful boys already, 3 and 1 1/2. She can change diapers and bathe her children all without the use of her hands. She is adjusting her world to be able to take on one more child. One who is going to need extra care for at least a while.
Somehow we came to the conclusion that one more child right now would be to much for us. Wow.
Actually, I would have made it work. I don't know how but I didn't plan for the boys either and that worked out. If Jay had even given a hint that he was willing to do it, I would have found a way. I've loved that boy since the moment I knew about him. And I won't kid myself by pretending otherwise. I'll have to settle for being his aunt, and that's a whole lot better than nothing.
Today is Jay and my anniversary. We're both at work. Tomorrow is my birthday. I have to take Jay to the airport in the morning. That sucks.
Since I'm all full of doom and gloom here is something funny. Well it is to me at least. I can't get the picture out of my head and I crack up everytime. My poor best friend has a leak in her apartment bathroom, right above the toilet. Part of the ceiling has come down and it's a general mess. She only has the one restroom in her apartment so what does one do when the ceiling is coming down and you have business to attend to. Well, you grab your trusty umbrella and go for it. Hee Hee.
Labels:
frustrations,
Tiger



First...Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to you!!!!
I hope that you will be at peace with your decision regarding Tiger. It doesn't sound like you are there yet, but I will be hoping you will be soon. :)
The umbrella story made me laugh out loud. Yes, a very funny visual.
Have a nice weekend!