I am beyond excited to have my music back! It's been gone since sometime before Christmas when my laptop crapped out and I finally have it again. Not the laptop, at least not a working one, but I have the hard drive with everything on it in perfect condition. Woo Hoo!

Not having a working laptop was really a minor irritation. I was hardly ever on it since I get my internet fix at work and really, what else are they good for? Oh yea, picture storage. Crap. iTunes. Double crap.

The breakdown started small then went crazy. Jay works with a kid that's pretty computer savvy so he brought it in and voila he fixed it with a ten dollar part. Except then it didn't turn on anymore. Jay brought it back to him. Then nothing happend for months. Seven of them. Grrr.

I'll skip the boring details but I finally got my computer back last week, in two pieces. One that works and one, not so much. He took my hard drive out and turned it into an external drive with a USB port. I just have to plug it into my computer at work and I have access to everything that was on my laptop. Fantastic!

I've been quite happily transfering all my music files and realizing all the great stuff I had been missing for so long. I'm rockin out in my office now, happy as can be. Of course the more important part of getting back my computer is having all the family photos I had scanned. I had everything on there and of course no back up. I spent a few weeks with all my grandmother's and great grandmother's photos. And my mom's, my aunt's, and mine. Some of those photos were 100 years old.

Once I was done scanning them they were all passed out to the relevent family members. There was no way I was ever going to get them all back again or have the time to scan them. I feel incredibly fortunate to have them all back and am making copies of everything this time. Sheesh. Lesson learned.
Labels: ,
Kristine
edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment