Saturday September 5th I am running (okay, mostly walking) a 5k. I signed up, paid the fee, and will be hitting the road in my first ever race Labor Day weekend.
Last week I started the Couch to 5K running program and I finished the first week of running yesterday. The program is exactly what it sounds like, a running program to take people from no experiance to running a 5k in nine weeks. I love that you can download a podcast and run when the guy says run and walk when he says walk. I'm a big fan of keeping it simple.
I've always wanted to be a 'runner'. In my head I picture running down a quiet dirt road, listening to the world wake up, while I let my mind wander. In reality I live in a big dusty city and I don't wake up until long after the world does. But I've finally decided to put forth the effort and see if it's just the idea I love or if I will truly enjoy the act. So far, so good.
The program is nine weeks but I'm running a 5k only three weeks into it. I'm that good. (Ha). Actually I couldn't find another race until a month and a half after I'll be done with training. What a let down. Instead I'll run one early and one late. It will be a great way to see how much progress I have made.
If your interested in starting to run check out Cool Runnings and the C25K program. There is more info about the program and you can download the podcasts. It's all free. Gotta love that.
Last week I started the Couch to 5K running program and I finished the first week of running yesterday. The program is exactly what it sounds like, a running program to take people from no experiance to running a 5k in nine weeks. I love that you can download a podcast and run when the guy says run and walk when he says walk. I'm a big fan of keeping it simple.
I've always wanted to be a 'runner'. In my head I picture running down a quiet dirt road, listening to the world wake up, while I let my mind wander. In reality I live in a big dusty city and I don't wake up until long after the world does. But I've finally decided to put forth the effort and see if it's just the idea I love or if I will truly enjoy the act. So far, so good.
The program is nine weeks but I'm running a 5k only three weeks into it. I'm that good. (Ha). Actually I couldn't find another race until a month and a half after I'll be done with training. What a let down. Instead I'll run one early and one late. It will be a great way to see how much progress I have made.
If your interested in starting to run check out Cool Runnings and the C25K program. There is more info about the program and you can download the podcasts. It's all free. Gotta love that.



Yea! Good for you!!
YOU ROCK! Good Luck! I am pondering a run, but that is as far as I have gotten. I need more time in a day. I wish I was a morning person.
I've always been curious about the couch to 5k. I get winded running errands so I don't know if it could get my ass running a 5k for real. Good luck to you!