I read Cristin’s review post over at Tiptoeing Thru The Tulips and it really got me thinking about my blog and where I want it to go. When I started writing here it was just to get some of the randomness out of my head. There was never a real plan or direction I wanted to go. As time has gone on I’ve read more blogs and learned a lot about what a blog could be. I’ve realized that I’d really like mine to be something I’m proud of rather than a dumping ground to clear my head.

Right now the only thing I can come up with is that I want my blog to be better, I’m just not sure on how to get there yet. To start, I’m heading back to the beginning to edit some, delete some, and hopefully generally improve what I have so far. Some posts can go entirely, like the picture from last week. I realize that a picture of my kid sleeping, with snot hanging from his nose is probably funny only to me.

One thing I notice I do some days is quantity over quality. If I haven’t posted in a while I feel like I need to get something out there so I whip something up real quick and send it into the blog world. I’m going to reverse the order of things so I’ll probably not be posting as much (not that I did a whole lot anyway) but hopefully what I post will be worth reading.

Sometime soon I’ll work on an actual template instead of the blogger basic form. That probably won’t be too high on my list though because I really like the clean design of this one. It’s simple, easy to navigate, and there isn’t a lot of background to get in the way.

I’d love to hear some input, ideas, and criticisms of my writing or the way the blog looks. I’m tough enough to hear it from people who actually read my blog but I’m not nearly brave enough to submit it for a butt chewing like Cristin did. Holy cajones Batman. So bear with me while I find my voice and please feel free to let me know what you think.
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
1 Response
  1. Cristin Says:

    I've also been going back and purging some old pointless posts. And also editing some to make them readable.

    I like the clean look. I don't like a lot of clutter... you could do with a header graphic of some sort.

    And the quality over quantity.. I'm going to go for more of that too.


Post a Comment