I picked up my registration packet and number for my first 5k race tomorrow! I'm excited and surprisingly not nervous about running. However; I am nervous about making it on time to the start. It's way across town and I have to be there at 6:30am. There is something very wrong about setting the alarm for 5:30 on a Saturday morning.
There is a bright side to the early start, it means we also get an early start out of town. We are heading to Great Basin National Park tomorrow and it's quite a drive from our house. At least this way we will get there before the visitor center closes and will be able to find a place to camp. It's going to be a great weekend and we are all looking forward to it.
Maybe we should be staying home instead since our wedding is two weeks from tomorrow but what fun would that be. Most every thing is pretty much handled and this will be our last family hurrah before we ditch the boys for the honeymoon. We won't see them for a week and a half. The longest I've been away from them since they were first placed with me is three days. It will be really good for Jay and I but wow, that's a long time.
I hope everyone has a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!
There is a bright side to the early start, it means we also get an early start out of town. We are heading to Great Basin National Park tomorrow and it's quite a drive from our house. At least this way we will get there before the visitor center closes and will be able to find a place to camp. It's going to be a great weekend and we are all looking forward to it.
Maybe we should be staying home instead since our wedding is two weeks from tomorrow but what fun would that be. Most every thing is pretty much handled and this will be our last family hurrah before we ditch the boys for the honeymoon. We won't see them for a week and a half. The longest I've been away from them since they were first placed with me is three days. It will be really good for Jay and I but wow, that's a long time.
I hope everyone has a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!



good luck with the race! Happy Weekend!
Can't wait to hear about your race. The rush of the run will make up for the early alarm setting.
Have a great weekend away!
Hope you did well!!!! Have fun camping. I can't wait to get back into it...