It was a great Labor Day and the long weekend was a welcome break. Saturday morning I ran the 5k and it went very well. The race was hard but I was able to run about half of it and I'm happy with that. My goal was to finish in under 45 minutes and my official time was 39:51. I'm looking forward to the next one in November to see how much I'm able to improve my time.

After the race we loaded up the car and headed to Great Basin National Park. It's been a bit crazed around our house with the wedding coming up and I think it showed this weekend. The boys were more wiggly than they usually are and it was hard to keep them out of trouble. They were absolute goofballs also, giving me plenty of opportunities for pictures of silly antics.

I'm still trying out the new camera and not sure I'm in love with it yet. I love not worrying about film but I'm still getting used to it so my pictures aren't quite what I expect yet. Some of the pics seem a little overexposed and some are not as sharp as they could have been.


I loved taking pictures with it though. It was wonderful to shoot 40 pictures of the boys running back and forth on a bridge. None of them really turned out, they were moving so fast, but I didn't care. I have to learn more about action shots with these boys.

Sometimes I'm lucky enough to get pictures of those rare quiet moments of contemplation.



Sport sat like this for the longest time. Buddy, on the other hand was sticking his little face in my lens doing things like this:


They completed the Jr Ranger program on Monday and got a certificate and 'real' pin on badge. Buddy was extremely proud and walked around the rest of the day with his chest puffed out. Later at the restaurant we told him we'd probably have to wait for a seat since it was busy. His response: 'I'm a Jr Ranger. I will just tell them to move please and we will sit down.'

All in all it was a great weekend and a welcome respite from cleaning house, soon to be arriving guests, and wedding stuff. Bring on the honeymoon!

Labels: , ,
Kristine
edit post
1 Response
  1. Susan Says:

    Looks like a beautiful place. Your pictures are wonderful!


Post a Comment