The wedding was all that I could have hoped it would be and I wouldn’t change a thing about it. Everyone we’ve talked to said they had a great time and I’m happy for that. It would have been nice to eat a little, I heard the food was great. We were much too busy talking and having a great time.
As generally expected, the ceremony started late but no one seemed to mind. We had the ceremony at a state park and the weather was nice, if a little warm. It could have been much later because the gate leading to where I was planning on entering was locked. My bridesmaids and I were driven up to the gate and then…well, no time to find a ranger to unlock it. ‘Get out girls, we’re going over it.’
That statement met with much, ‘No way, you’ll rip your dress,’ and ‘You can’t climb a fence in your wedding dress!’ My response, ‘Watch me.’
In the end we didn’t go over it but instead went through the barbed wire. I only wish the photographer was there for that. All dressed up, climbing through a fence and hiking across a huge dirt lot, me, trailed by my bridesmaids. It was certainly a sight to see.
Beyond that little hiccup everything went smoothly and it was a wonderful day. I was hoping to have pictures to post but they aren’t ready yet. There are a ton from the honeymoon though. Having the new camera was so much fun and I shot over 1000 pictures. I’m still going through them all and will drop that number by more than half easily.
Since I’ve been gone so long I have quite a bit of catching up to do in the blog world. Some of you have been very busy. Time for me to get busy reading.
As generally expected, the ceremony started late but no one seemed to mind. We had the ceremony at a state park and the weather was nice, if a little warm. It could have been much later because the gate leading to where I was planning on entering was locked. My bridesmaids and I were driven up to the gate and then…well, no time to find a ranger to unlock it. ‘Get out girls, we’re going over it.’
That statement met with much, ‘No way, you’ll rip your dress,’ and ‘You can’t climb a fence in your wedding dress!’ My response, ‘Watch me.’
In the end we didn’t go over it but instead went through the barbed wire. I only wish the photographer was there for that. All dressed up, climbing through a fence and hiking across a huge dirt lot, me, trailed by my bridesmaids. It was certainly a sight to see.
Beyond that little hiccup everything went smoothly and it was a wonderful day. I was hoping to have pictures to post but they aren’t ready yet. There are a ton from the honeymoon though. Having the new camera was so much fun and I shot over 1000 pictures. I’m still going through them all and will drop that number by more than half easily.
Since I’ve been gone so long I have quite a bit of catching up to do in the blog world. Some of you have been very busy. Time for me to get busy reading.
Labels:
wedding



Can't wait to hear more and see pics. Glad you are back in Blog World!
Congrats! Yes, I was hoping to see pics too. Glad to hear your special day was everything you imagined. Welcome back!
Oh, I'd so love to see you in your wedding dress going through the fence!!
YAY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! Love all the beautiful pics. So glad your special day was all that you hoped for.