I learned a lot during our visit with Tiger and I left feeling calmer. His foster mom seems like a lovely woman who genuinely cares for him although she is not moving toward adoption. His case worker is involved and is keeping his best interests in mind. According to them both He has moved forward by leaps and bounds from where he was but it’s easy to see there is still a very long way to go.

Tiger turned two in August but does not say any words. There are a few sounds he makes that resemble one syllable words but even those are rare. In the couple hours we were there he would not respond to his name in any way although his hearing has been checked. He didn’t really interact except with the toy he was playing with. If one of the boys took his toy he wouldn’t respond, just pick up the next thing closest to him. Tiger seems to be in a bit of his own world but he won’t always be.

I left there feeling calmer because I know he is alright. Yes, he has a long way to go but he is getting the care that he needs. It was also clear we made the right decision not to foster him. We are not equipped to give him the one on one attention he needs and deserves. When it comes time for him to be placed for adoption I think it will be easy to find the right family for him.

He is easy to fall in love with, Jay and I did. Just look at these curls.


Sorry I can't post a better picture, confidentiality applies.

The door is closed for us right now but a window may still open down the road.
Labels:
Kristine
edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment