My office was broken into last night. They took the laptops, a bunch of tools, all the chocolate and snacks (assholes), a large print from my wall (wtf), and my external drive. They left the desktops which mine is so I have that at least.

The drive was my backup for all my photos, it had everything. Thankfully when I got it I backed up all the family photos from my grandmother and great grandmother on disks. I have a lot of the other photos on disks but the last year or two, not so much. The videos I had of the boys is gone as well. Wait...maybe I put those on disk also? Hmm. I hope so.

I'm not sure if I have anything left of the honeymoon except what I posted here. Dammit. I hate thieves!

At least I didn't have the photos from our visit with Tiger on there yet. For once I'm happy to be a procrastinator because I was supposed to do that yesterday.

There is a slim possibility of catching the bastards since we have the serial numbers from the computers and they left some blood on the door. My hard drive is probably gone though.


Edit: Even better, I just remembered I had tax returns saved on that drive. That was a brilliant idea. Just got done changing my bank accounts and placing a fraud alert on my credit. That stuff was buried pretty deep but still.
Labels: ,
Kristine
edit post
5 Responses
  1. greygillfish Says:

    Oh, I am so sorry. Hearing that just makes me sick! A few laptops have been stolen from our office. Thankfully, I leave mine at home. I am not very good at backing up my photos either. I guess it is a good thing that I put most of my favorites on my blog. I hope you get your stuff back!




  2. Cristin Says:

    Oh, and love that you titled a post just plain old 'Fuck'.


  3. Kristine Says:

    It's the only thing I come up with every time I think about it. Another business was robbed the same way the next day.


Post a Comment