I am a closet geek. My geekhood is usually in hiding but sometimes it rages in full view of everyone. I will admit to having a comic book collection, and that I am still a little envious of my best friend’s collection. I love me some bad science fiction movies. I’m giddy with excitement to see the new Clash of the Titans even though I’ve heard it’s awful.
The thing that really stands out in my secret geek world is most definitely my love of computer games, dungeons and dragons style. My friend and I would play for hours and hours on the computer, for days on end during the summer. As a grown up I only improved slightly, I had to work after all. There were many, many days when I went to work with only and hour or two of sleep because I was up late playing a game. Sad, I know.
Of course, once the boys came along with the very real responsibility of parenthood I stopped playing. I sold the couple games and my computer crashed anyway. Lately I’ve been missing my time in the computer world of orcs and goblins and have since figured out a plan. I found my favorite game on amazon and Jay has a work laptop that hangs around our house most of the time anyway.
I have been blissfully building characters and exploring around made up towns and wilderness’ looking for monsters. I am in full geek glory again. Yipee!
The thing that really stands out in my secret geek world is most definitely my love of computer games, dungeons and dragons style. My friend and I would play for hours and hours on the computer, for days on end during the summer. As a grown up I only improved slightly, I had to work after all. There were many, many days when I went to work with only and hour or two of sleep because I was up late playing a game. Sad, I know.
Of course, once the boys came along with the very real responsibility of parenthood I stopped playing. I sold the couple games and my computer crashed anyway. Lately I’ve been missing my time in the computer world of orcs and goblins and have since figured out a plan. I found my favorite game on amazon and Jay has a work laptop that hangs around our house most of the time anyway.
I have been blissfully building characters and exploring around made up towns and wilderness’ looking for monsters. I am in full geek glory again. Yipee!
Labels:
The things I do



Where have you been???? Everything okay? Hopefully, it is because summer is here and you are busy playing and hiking with your boys!
We leave next week for vacation. So excited.
Post soon with pics too please. :)