It’s been a busy few months in my world and like everyone’s world, a lot has happened. I think I’ve mentioned before that I tend to internalize when big things are going on and only let it out when my brain has wrapped around it. There have been two major things the last couple months, one was very sad but necessary and long over due and the other is exciting and wonderful, and quite possibly over due as well. I’ll get to those more later.
My family is doing wonderfully and I can’t help but be thankful. Sport and Buddy are healthy, happy, and full of energy. We took them to a baseball game for our local team and they loved it! I had no idea Buddy was such a trash talker though. At one time he was yelling to the batter, ‘You’re supposed to hit the ball!’

He had a right to yell though, our team was awful. We left during the seventh and were down 12 to nothing. We didn’t leave because the team was so bad but because the boys had a huge helping of cotton candy. We figured it was in everyone’s best interested if we bolted. There was an immediate switch when the sugar hit and all I could do was hang on and laugh.
Jay and I are doing well also. I’ve been keeping up with a healthier me and loving it. There was a minor set back from a strained calf that stopped my running but I was able to join a gym and that has worked out really well. The calf took 6 weeks to heal and I’ve just started running again Friday. So far I’m down eight pounds and I probably want to shed another eight or so. I’m still working on getting Jay to the gym as well.
A couple random bits from the last couple days:
A detective called yesterday and let us know they identified the person who left blood at our office from the break-in back in December. I’m not sure what will happen with that but it’s good to know they won’t get clean away from causing us so much trouble.
Friday I pulled into my garage and opened the car door to get out when this:

Jumped into my lap. He was quite happy to hang around us and make himself comfortable in the house. I would have let him find his way home but not in 100 degree heat. Poor guy did have a hard time walking around the house with one of my dogs in his ear and the other up his rear the whole time. He was really sweet and if the owner doesn’t claim him by today my mom wants to adopt him.
Sport's daycare teacher was asking the kids what they would wish for if they could have anything. She told me most kids asked for trips to Disneyland, a movie, candy, and the usual. Sport said, ‘All I wish for is a hug from my mom.’ I started crying right there. That’s the sweetest and best thing I’ve ever heard. Of course he got tons of extra hugs that day.
Jay and I planned a backpacking trip to the Ruby Mountains in Northern Nevada for a week in July. He talked with the rangers today and it turns out the hike we wanted to do is still closed unless you have crampons and ice axes. Um, no. New plan to be announced soon.
I'll leave you with a few photos of the boys doing their favorite things.
We've lost so many balls over the back wall we decided we better head to the field.
My family is doing wonderfully and I can’t help but be thankful. Sport and Buddy are healthy, happy, and full of energy. We took them to a baseball game for our local team and they loved it! I had no idea Buddy was such a trash talker though. At one time he was yelling to the batter, ‘You’re supposed to hit the ball!’

He had a right to yell though, our team was awful. We left during the seventh and were down 12 to nothing. We didn’t leave because the team was so bad but because the boys had a huge helping of cotton candy. We figured it was in everyone’s best interested if we bolted. There was an immediate switch when the sugar hit and all I could do was hang on and laugh.
Jay and I are doing well also. I’ve been keeping up with a healthier me and loving it. There was a minor set back from a strained calf that stopped my running but I was able to join a gym and that has worked out really well. The calf took 6 weeks to heal and I’ve just started running again Friday. So far I’m down eight pounds and I probably want to shed another eight or so. I’m still working on getting Jay to the gym as well.
A couple random bits from the last couple days:
A detective called yesterday and let us know they identified the person who left blood at our office from the break-in back in December. I’m not sure what will happen with that but it’s good to know they won’t get clean away from causing us so much trouble.
Friday I pulled into my garage and opened the car door to get out when this:

Jumped into my lap. He was quite happy to hang around us and make himself comfortable in the house. I would have let him find his way home but not in 100 degree heat. Poor guy did have a hard time walking around the house with one of my dogs in his ear and the other up his rear the whole time. He was really sweet and if the owner doesn’t claim him by today my mom wants to adopt him.
Sport's daycare teacher was asking the kids what they would wish for if they could have anything. She told me most kids asked for trips to Disneyland, a movie, candy, and the usual. Sport said, ‘All I wish for is a hug from my mom.’ I started crying right there. That’s the sweetest and best thing I’ve ever heard. Of course he got tons of extra hugs that day.
Jay and I planned a backpacking trip to the Ruby Mountains in Northern Nevada for a week in July. He talked with the rangers today and it turns out the hike we wanted to do is still closed unless you have crampons and ice axes. Um, no. New plan to be announced soon.
I'll leave you with a few photos of the boys doing their favorite things.
We've lost so many balls over the back wall we decided we better head to the field.
As you can see, when Sport connects with the ball he can launch it.

That lightsaber isn't really cuddley but Sport doesn't seem to mind.
One of my favorites. I love that they are holding hands while they sleep.
Labels:
kitchen sink




Epic update!
Love trash talkin kids!
And snuggling up the the light saber is priceless.
Love the pics of the boys. They always look so happy even snuggling with a light saber. Too cute! Sounds like you are having a fun filled, jam packed summer. Keep the updates coming!
I need to e-mail you about our travels. I have a few questions for you.