There are not many things more irritating than getting to the end of a book and the ending sucks. I've invested time, maybe enjoyed the storyline, maybe suffered through in the hopes the end would save it. Then the end comes. And it sucks. All the time spent before just became a waste.
Just finished a book that I was enjoying, lots of twists and turns, things I didn't expect, the suspense built nicely. The storyline was basically over and all the loose ends were getting tied up. I was cruising for a nice finish. Then the main character gets randomly blown up by a mailbox bomb. Has his arm blown off and dies in his wife's arms. He dies, the end. I don't even know who blew him up.
What?! The last few pages felt like the author got tired of writing and whipped out and ending so she could be done. It was random and crap. I hate being left with more questions than answers at the end of a book. I like to have all the ends tied up in a nice little package.
And speaking of endings that suck. How about reading the first 11 books of a series only to have the author die before the last book is finished. Talk about loose ends. Maybe I should stick to magazines for awhile.
Just finished a book that I was enjoying, lots of twists and turns, things I didn't expect, the suspense built nicely. The storyline was basically over and all the loose ends were getting tied up. I was cruising for a nice finish. Then the main character gets randomly blown up by a mailbox bomb. Has his arm blown off and dies in his wife's arms. He dies, the end. I don't even know who blew him up.
What?! The last few pages felt like the author got tired of writing and whipped out and ending so she could be done. It was random and crap. I hate being left with more questions than answers at the end of a book. I like to have all the ends tied up in a nice little package.
And speaking of endings that suck. How about reading the first 11 books of a series only to have the author die before the last book is finished. Talk about loose ends. Maybe I should stick to magazines for awhile.
Labels:
random



That sucks!!
I agree that does suck! I feel the same way about bad movie endings.
Ah! That would piss me off!!