We mostly finished Sport's room in time for big reveal without making ourselves crazy in the process. We painted over the colors my old roommate had picked and the sloppy cover up job I had done years ago. We bought low VOC paint and I wore a mask the whole time, worked great and I never smelled the fumes. I'm so in love with the paint job we did and enjoy looking down the hallway into his open door.
The room used to be a a place to put crap we didn't know what to do with. It made me crazy. We later got rid of or relocated most of the crap and moved Sport in there. It was heaven to have the boys in seperate bedrooms. But his room was still so thrown together and temporary. We still have his artwork to hang, a giant rug to find, and a dresser to replace the one we threw out, but I love it.
I realized when I started this post that I failed miserably in taking pictures of the actual room and only took shots of Sport drawing on the walls. Oops. I'll have to rectify that soon.

This is after we started painting of course. The black stripe is actually magnetic paint and also works like chalkboard paint. You have to use 5 or 6 coats of paint if you want magnets to work but it's pretty cool stuff. We want to find some car and truck magnets for him to use.

Sad to say but this is the best shot of the room I took. He loves that he can draw on his wall and filled up every bit of the black stripe that day. We need to find something else for the floor though. I had the floor tiled way back when because my roommate had cats and that's where the litter box was. The grey carpet on the right is just a long remnant from Jay's office. Grey, thin, commercial carpeting. We hope to find something better soon.

The room was a big surprise for Sport and I'm so glad we did the chalkboard stripe thing. He loves to draw and his artwork decorates every door in our house and a good portion of my office.
It's amazing how much more he likes to be in his room now that it's finished. It used to be they only played in Buddy's room and I could understand why. They play in both now and it's really a kids bedroom that belongs to our house. I'm so happy we finally got it done.
The room used to be a a place to put crap we didn't know what to do with. It made me crazy. We later got rid of or relocated most of the crap and moved Sport in there. It was heaven to have the boys in seperate bedrooms. But his room was still so thrown together and temporary. We still have his artwork to hang, a giant rug to find, and a dresser to replace the one we threw out, but I love it.
I realized when I started this post that I failed miserably in taking pictures of the actual room and only took shots of Sport drawing on the walls. Oops. I'll have to rectify that soon.

This is after we started painting of course. The black stripe is actually magnetic paint and also works like chalkboard paint. You have to use 5 or 6 coats of paint if you want magnets to work but it's pretty cool stuff. We want to find some car and truck magnets for him to use.
Sad to say but this is the best shot of the room I took. He loves that he can draw on his wall and filled up every bit of the black stripe that day. We need to find something else for the floor though. I had the floor tiled way back when because my roommate had cats and that's where the litter box was. The grey carpet on the right is just a long remnant from Jay's office. Grey, thin, commercial carpeting. We hope to find something better soon.

The room was a big surprise for Sport and I'm so glad we did the chalkboard stripe thing. He loves to draw and his artwork decorates every door in our house and a good portion of my office.
It's amazing how much more he likes to be in his room now that it's finished. It used to be they only played in Buddy's room and I could understand why. They play in both now and it's really a kids bedroom that belongs to our house. I'm so happy we finally got it done.
Labels:
decorating,
Sport



Hubs and I admiring that chalk board border.... awesome idea!! We may be stealing it!
Wish I could claim the idea but I stole it from somewhere also. I'm thinking about adding little dashed white lines for the 'road' but Jay's not so much into it. Probably because I asked him right after we were done painting.
I love the chalk board! What a fun room for a little one. You did a great job. I showed this to GiGi and she stated that she wanted to turn her pink stripe into a chalkboard stripe. Do they make colored chalkbard paint? I don't think a black stripe would look very pretty in her pink and blue princess room. LOL!
Hope you are having a great week. Keep posting, and I want to see that growing belly. I know you look adorable!