My world has gone a little nuts lately but I'm loving it. Except the part where I hardly get to play on the internet anymore. I seriously miss reading all the blogs I love and have neglected quite a few the past couple weeks.
It has been a crazy busy two weeks with huge changes in our day to day lives but they have all been really good. First, we decided it was time to give the boys their own bedrooms. I had no idea how we were going to get all the crap out of the spare room but we did it. It's not painted yet and still needs work to really make it Sports room but he loves it. The change in my house has been astounding. The boys each have their own space and love to be in their rooms now. Even though they still choose to play mostly together having the option not to has made a world of difference in their attitudes.
Big change number two, I went part time at work. Wasn't my idea, but since it had to happen, the timing has been pretty great. Buddy started kindergarten yesterday so that saves us paying for daycare. We have full day kinder here which is amazing. Also, Sport can go part time to daycare so that reduces the cost even more. The best thing, we finally got a tenant for Jay's house so we are no longer paying two mortgages. Woo hoo! I think with all that I might just break even. There is no more alarm clock, we all eat breakfast as a family, and I get home so much earlier every day. I might not want to go back to full time once business picks back up.
Then there is Kindergarten. I'm not sure there is anything more wonderful in Buddy's world right now. He's been excited about it since he turned five back in January. I thought he was going to burst yesterday morning. He had his backpack on and lunch box in hand a full thirty minutes before it was time to go.
When we did get to school he ran around the school playground screaming 'Ya hooo!' He was a complete nutcase and I loved it.
When it was time for him to line up for class Sport started to get upset. He kept telling me 'I want to stay with my brother.' Buddy went on his merry way and Sport cried like his heart was broken. I felt awful for him and was tearing up carrying him to the car. They have never been apart, ever. With all the changes they went through, coming into foster care, moving from place to place and home to home, they have always been together. Yesterday marked a beginning that Sport is not happy with.
I feel incredibly blessed that my job allows me to take my brokenhearted son for hot chocolate and get to work whenever. About halfway through his scone he started feeling better. I'm sure daycare was not to thrilled about the morning sugar session but it had to be done. He cried again this morning and was not thrilled that we didn't go for hot chocolate again but I think he'll be alright in a couple more days.
There have been a few things the last two weeks that haven't gone exactly right. Our drinking water system stopped working but that has been fixed. The toilet...well, that is a whole other post. The neighbors, oh my the neighbors. Less time at work is a bit of an adjustment but I'm enjoying the turn around where work is a bit stressful and at home it's calm. Even the things not going so right are just a drop in the bucket compared to what is going wonderfully.
It has been a crazy busy two weeks with huge changes in our day to day lives but they have all been really good. First, we decided it was time to give the boys their own bedrooms. I had no idea how we were going to get all the crap out of the spare room but we did it. It's not painted yet and still needs work to really make it Sports room but he loves it. The change in my house has been astounding. The boys each have their own space and love to be in their rooms now. Even though they still choose to play mostly together having the option not to has made a world of difference in their attitudes.
Big change number two, I went part time at work. Wasn't my idea, but since it had to happen, the timing has been pretty great. Buddy started kindergarten yesterday so that saves us paying for daycare. We have full day kinder here which is amazing. Also, Sport can go part time to daycare so that reduces the cost even more. The best thing, we finally got a tenant for Jay's house so we are no longer paying two mortgages. Woo hoo! I think with all that I might just break even. There is no more alarm clock, we all eat breakfast as a family, and I get home so much earlier every day. I might not want to go back to full time once business picks back up.
Then there is Kindergarten. I'm not sure there is anything more wonderful in Buddy's world right now. He's been excited about it since he turned five back in January. I thought he was going to burst yesterday morning. He had his backpack on and lunch box in hand a full thirty minutes before it was time to go.
When we did get to school he ran around the school playground screaming 'Ya hooo!' He was a complete nutcase and I loved it.
When it was time for him to line up for class Sport started to get upset. He kept telling me 'I want to stay with my brother.' Buddy went on his merry way and Sport cried like his heart was broken. I felt awful for him and was tearing up carrying him to the car. They have never been apart, ever. With all the changes they went through, coming into foster care, moving from place to place and home to home, they have always been together. Yesterday marked a beginning that Sport is not happy with.
I feel incredibly blessed that my job allows me to take my brokenhearted son for hot chocolate and get to work whenever. About halfway through his scone he started feeling better. I'm sure daycare was not to thrilled about the morning sugar session but it had to be done. He cried again this morning and was not thrilled that we didn't go for hot chocolate again but I think he'll be alright in a couple more days.
There have been a few things the last two weeks that haven't gone exactly right. Our drinking water system stopped working but that has been fixed. The toilet...well, that is a whole other post. The neighbors, oh my the neighbors. Less time at work is a bit of an adjustment but I'm enjoying the turn around where work is a bit stressful and at home it's calm. Even the things not going so right are just a drop in the bucket compared to what is going wonderfully.



AAAWWW, your kindergartener is so cute and happy! Hopefully, lil bro is adjusting better this week.